A dog is not just a pet for many people, it is more like a family member, and taking care of your dogs is as necessary as you take care of other family members. Every dog deserves a great place to live, and crates are one of the best options for it. But most of the time people get confused while choosing a crate for their dog. So here we are sharing a complete guide about the Top 8 best dog crates USA 2021.
The larger dogs require a room to live in that should be airy, where they can sleep and roam around a bit. If the crates are too small, they may suffocate, and they become restless and even jump out of their crates and never would want to enter.
So it will be preferable to provide them with large, airy, and sometimes open topless crates so they can move around freely. And with small breeds, it’s preferable to keep them in small but cozy crates, either enclosed or even topless crates.
So let’s begin with a few:-
There are several factors you should keep in your mind before buying a new crate for your pet. The selection of the right compartment is very much important. We have shortlisted several points which you should know before buying.
1) Size of the crate –
Choosing a crate of perfect size according to your pet is the most crucial factor. It should not be small or big. Size should always be perfect. It would be best to choose a crate where your dog can walk without crouching down and can turn around. If you cannot decide the right size, measure your dog’s height and length when standing and add 4 inches to the measurement to get a perfect size.
If you are buying puppies, consider a crate with a divider panel. As the puppy grows up, they can easily accommodate.
2) Dog’s behavior-
Dog’s behavior and temperament are some of the essential vital factors for choosing a perfect crate. If your dog is aggressive, loves to chew and bend wireframe, then you should go for a secure heavy-duty style crate.
3) Portability –
If you love traveling and want your pet’s company with you, then you should go for crates that are lightweight and easily foldable, and portable.
Durability is also a prime factor you should keep in your mind. If your dog is influential or has chewing habits, you should buy some secure and durable crates.
The safety of your pet is a vital factor. Make sure whichever create you buy provides enough security to your pet. Always consider those crates which are made of high-quality products. If you purchase a metal crate, ensure that there are no sharp edges that can injure your pet and makes your pet feel secure in its den.
It would be best to go for easily cleaned crates as you need to maintain a healthy environment for your pet. If the crate becomes very difficult to wash, it would be impossible for you to maintain hygiene. The waterproof material is preferable.
1. New World Best Dog Crates for Small Dogs –
New World Pet Products Folding Metal Dog Crate is one of the best dog crates for small dogs. It is perfectly fitted for 22″ long and 16″ tall dogs. It provides a safe, secure, and convenient home for your pet. It offers you a divider panel by which you can adjust living space as your puppy grows up. You will also get a leak-proof pan that can be cleaned very quickly and, most importantly, odor-resistant.
- It weighs about 12.67 pounds
- It has different sizes – from 24inches to 48inches.
- You can expand your pet’s living area just by connecting a playpen.
- These crates will also provide you with a food and water bowl attached to the crate by a bracket not to spill food and water.
- All dogs for their own home. The den-like space of the crate provides a personal space for the dog.
- You can easily fold it.
- It provides proper ventilation as well as security.
- The bottom tray of the crate is non-removable; that’s why cleaning the tray may be difficult for you.
- The biggest drawback of this great is that sometimes the jaw of your pet get stuck below the crate door.
2. iCrate Best Dog Crates for Large Dogs –
iCrate Single Door & Double Door Folding Metal Dog Crate is one of the best dog crates for large dogs. It offers you a free divider panel to adjust your pet’s living space when growing up. It is made up of solid metal and is about 35 pounds. You can easily fold it flat for travel.
- Product Dimensions: 18 x 12 x 14 inches to 48×30×33inches; and itself weighs 35 Pounds.
- Its size ranges from 18-inch w/divider to 48-inch w/divider.
- This crate provides you with a plastic carrying handle which makes it more portable.
- You will get a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- It offers you two slide bolts on each door which makes your crate more secure.
- The plastic handle provided along with it may be nonfunctional in due time.
3. MidWest iCrate Starter Kit –
It is a double door crate which is best for large dogs. It offers a perfectly fitted bed for your pet, which is washable. The mattress will provide a cozy and lovely atmosphere for your dog. It will also provide:
- Two Snap-Fit Food & Water Bowls.
- A carrying handle.
- Rubber floor protector.
- Free divider panel.
- It is ideal for dogs with 71 – 90 pounds weight.
- It weighs 36 pounds
- Sizes increase from 22 inches to 48-inch
- It’s a perfect kit for a new dog owner.
- The design of the crate is user-friendly.
- It is made up of plastic and metal, but the material is not that sturdy.
4. Petmate Two Door Best Dog Crate for Puppies –
Although this crate is designed for puppies, small dogs will also fit properly. The top kennel of this crate keeps your dog safe, calm, and secure. It is made up of steel and plastic and offers a carrying handle.
- Weight: 5.64 pounds
- Department: Unisex-Adult
- Manufacturer: Petmate
- ASIN: B0062JFGM0
- This is great to travel with your dog.
- It is available in different sizes (24″ long, 19″ long ).
- It is most acceptable when you travel by flight.
- The oval-shaped air holes of the crate can injure your pet.
5. Carlson Foldable Single Door Metal Dog Crate –
This dog crate comes in several size variations. It is foldable and is made of solid metal, and is about 14 pounds in weight. It is available on any of the online marketing sites or even in Walmart. So it is among the best dog crates you can find in the USA. It is best for small dogs.
- It is from 24×18×19 inches in dimensions to 48×30×33 inches based on the size you prefer to choose.
- The crate consists of an excellent metal plate at the bottom and cage all around with a single front door with two latches.
- It folds into a flat sheet and is easy for carrying during travel and storage.
- This foldable metal crate is not only strong and long-lasting but also portable and secure for the dogs and your safety.
- It is suitable for puppies and small dogs; try to avoid this one if you have a large dog.
6. Petnation Port-A-Crate –
It is one of the best dog travel crates, which is available for puppies and large dogs also. It is made up of solid fabric material. If you are going to travel with your pet, this crate is one of the best options available out there.
- It weighs about 3.35 pounds
- It is available in 5 different sizes ( 24″, 26″, 28″, 32″, 36″ )
- All part of this crate is non-toxic and there are no sharp pieces which can harm your pet.
- This crate is water-resistant, and you can clean it very quickly.
- You can fold it very quickly with the carrying handles.
- Lightweight, portable, and great for family vacations or trips.
- Your dog can tear the net of the crate by scratching, and it also can escape.
- Due to less airflow, sometimes it gets a little bit warmer and suffocating for your pet.
- Sometimes, the zippers of the front door do not work.
- Don’t go for it if your pet weighs more than 115lbs.
7. Pet Gear 4 Door Steel Best Dog Crate with Bed and Travel Bag –
With the brand name Pet Gear, this fabulous dog crate weighs only 35pounds, can carry small to large dogs up to 70 pounds, and has been designated as one of the best dog crates. It consists of doors and provides a non-suffocated but airy living cave for the dogs.
- Comes in several color choices – chocolate, sage, tan
- Varies in sizes- 27 inches, 36inch, 42 inch
- Made out of metal cages and plastic covers and rounded edges
- It consists of four doors that effortlessly glide up and down and help the dog enter and leave it quickly and an insulated base.
- Has inbuilt wheels and handle, making it accessible to move around the house.
- Comes with a travel bag and a plush bolster bed for the comfort of your pet.
- And this also comes with wheels and can be folded easily for storage and travel purposes.
- The plastic locking tabs may break off in due time.
- There may be problems while opening and closing the doors.
- The pads which come with it might not be as good as expected.
8. Amazon Basics Portable Folding Best Dog Travel Crate Kennel –
AmazonBasics Portable Folding Soft Dog Travel Crate Kennel is one of the most sophisticated and enclosed crates for your pet dogs. It can be called as best dog crate for small dogs and large dogs. Ideal for pets weighing from 12 pounds to 90 or 100pounds. It is of tan-colored polyester material.
- Varies in size from 21 to 42 inches.
- Weighs about 4.23 pounds.
- It is of polyester material with PVC framework and meshed windows and front door being folded up to help your pet’s easy entry. And also has a top door all secured by solid zippers.
- It has soft sides and is easily popped up without assembling.
- The size might be a bit too big than what is said to be.
- It might choke the pet due to the heavy meshwork around it.
- It is sometimes difficult to see clearly through the mesh.
Also, check other hand-picked dog products here – Best dog products available in USA