No one wants to feed their dog food that is not safe for their little friends, so storing the food in a good container is so much necessary. For helping you in finding the best airtight dog food container for your dog, here we are sharing the top 8 best airtight dog food containers with all their pros and cons.
Everyone needs a friend, and many of us keep a pet at home to keep our spirits up as they make us happy. So, when you come back home, you get delighted by seeing your friend who jumps up on you and licks you and makes you happy. He is beside you whenever you are unwell and keeps you safe from danger, working as your bodyguard the whole day. So, you must look into their nutrition and health. They need special attention, as dogs are always like babies who need care and love.
To ensure your pet has a good meal, which is nutritious, and the food is always available in your house, you have to store the dog food in a dry place, and using containers can be the best option for you.
So for doing your work easy, we came up with a detailed and well-researched blog about the top 8 best airtight dog food containers you can buy.
Things to consider before buying dog food container –
- Airtight seals-
The lid of the containers must have an airtight facility. It keeps the food fresh and away from pests.
The material must be suitable to keep the food fresh and not release toxins. It can harm your pet. Choosing stainless steel, wood or plastic, or even glass is satisfactory for the purpose. Also, check if it contains BPA or not and if the quality of the material is good to keep the food away from damage.
- The capacity of the container-
The container should not be too big or too small. It should be of a size that can fit the right amount of dog food you want to keep in. It can prevent the food from getting bad.
Here are Top 8 best airtight dog food containers to choose from –
1. Gamma2 Vittles Vault Outback Airtight Pet Food Container –
It is a 35-pound airtight square container for all breeds of dogs. It is made out of HDPE and helps to keep the food fresh and pest-free. It comes with a measuring cup, And the food odor is inside it. You can wash it by hand.
- It is BPA-free.
- Comes in different sizes to choose the suitable one for your pet.
- Keeps the food fresh for a long time.
- It has been provided with molded handles that help in giving a good grip.
- The airtight properties may get damaged in a few months.
- The lid screw may be a little weak
- It has a bad odor when it is new, so it needs to be outgassed.
2. Gamma2 Vittles Vault Outback Airtight Pet Food Container –
It is a 25pound airtight food container. Simply the 25-pound version of the previous one. It is made with HDPE. It has molded handles which makes it easy to carry.
- It is BPA free container
- It has a good sealing system which helps you to keep food fresh
- Comes with a free scooper
- The lid may break, and the airtight seal may be broken, in a long term use
- In some cases, it may leak.
3. IRIS USA Premium Airtight Pet Food Storage Container –
It is a premium quality plastic container to keep your dog’s food away from moisture and pest contamination. It can contain up to 45 lbs. of dry food. It can store food for all sizes of dogs.
- It has tapered ends-making them easy to clean.
- It is BPA-free and has easy mobility due to the presence of wheels.
- Sometimes bugs may infect them due to lack of airtight facilities.
- It is not a heavy-duty material to use for a long time.
4. Gamma2 Vittles Vault Airtight Pet Food Storage Container –
It is a small but convenient little storage for your pet’s food. It can store 4-6lbs of food inside it and comes with a free scoop. It is secured enough to help you carry the food safely from one place to the other and has molded holders to help you get a good grip on them.
- It is a BPA-free and pest-free container to keep your pet food fresh.
- It is made out of HDPE material so it won’t break if it accidentally falls on the ground.
- It can hold up to 50 lbs of food.
- In some cases, it can break due to high stress.
- The huge- size of the container can make it difficult to move and clean the place where you keep it.
5. IRIS USA 3-Piece Airtight Food Storage Container –
IRIS USA 3 is an excellent BPA-free, airtight food container for your pet. It has two storage bins. These airtight storage bins have foam, seal, and snap-lock latches to keep the food fresh and pest-free.
- They have foam, airtight seals to keep pet food fresh.
- It has two containers. The top container has a 10-pound capacity, and the bottom container can hold 25 pounds of dry food.
- The casters on these BPA-free rolling storage containers allow for easy mobility.
- It is available in six different colors.
- Sometimes customers complain about chemical odors from it.
6. IRIS USA Airtight Pet Food Storage Container –
This BPA-free container is made of sturdy plastic material and provides foam seal and snap lock latches features. You can also use it to store bird seeds, cat litter, charcoal, etc. You can keep it in any part of the house as it is transparent, adaptable, and functional,
- It can store up to 10 lbs of food for your pet.
- This airtight container keeps food moisture-free and protects from pests.
- It doesn’t have any wheels. So, it might be difficult for you to transfer it from place to place.
- Customers often complain about its seal not being perfect.
7. Yicostar Pet Food Storage Container –
It is one the best containers with 4seal buckles. The airtight seal keeps the food moisture-free, pest-free, and dust-free. It is ideal for small pets and can store up to 3.5 lbs. It comes with a carrying handle, measuring cup,
- This BPA-free dog food container is made of food-grade plastic and is entirely safe to use.
- You can easily upgrade the pouring spout.
- It comes with a carrying handle which is very useful when you are traveling.
- It will be a perfect pick only for small pets. You can’t store more than 3.5 lbs.
- The lid clasps are not strong enough, so you need to be careful while using them.
8. Komax Biokips Large Food Storage Container –
Komax is a well-known kitchenware company that is popular for its high-quality materials and unique designs. It is a BPA-free container that comes with a scoop for perfect measuring. It can easily store upto 20lbs of dog food, which can be very helpful if you have big dogs with a big Tommy.
- BPA free container and offers silicon seal.
- It can store many staples together because of its stackable construction.
- It can store up to 20 lbs of food.
- You can clean it easily.
- It is not leakproof.
To keep your pet healthy and fit, not only give them good food- but also ensure they are doing good exercises. It sheds the excess fat in their body and keeps them healthy. And the items mentioned above are chosen to be the best out of a lot. And hopefully, these reviews will make it easier for you to decide on – which one to choose for your pet, according to its need.
Also check out Zesty Paws Allergy Immune Supplement For Dogs
Frequently Asked Questions –
1) How can you keep your dog’s food in the safest way possible?
Keeping dog foods in a dry and cool place (about 80°F) is suitable to keep them fresh. It especially goes for the unopened canned dog foods and other dry foods for your pet. Keeping them in a warm place can destroy the nutritional value of the food. Also, it can form molds, and this can harm your pet.
2) Storing in a plastic container is good or bad?
If only the plastic containers are airtight, then it doesn’t affect the food much. You can keep the dog food either in a plastic container or in a stainless steel or glass container. Sometimes if the container is made out of- bad plastic material, then it may get rancid after collecting the oils from the pet’s food.
3) Why food has to be kept in an airtight dog food container?
Using an airtight container can keep away molds and other pests from rotting your dog’s food. Also, choosing a BPA-free container can be a good option. BPA or Bisphenol A is a harmful chemical that is often used to make containers. It can harm your pet and lead to some complications in your pet’s body. So it’s better to check the material of the container before use.
4) How can keeping the dog food in a container help you?
Keeping the dog food in a container keeps it fresh and keeps away germs and pests. It also keeps the diet of your pet in check. Also, you must keep the dog food in the packaging it comes along with, and then you can keep it in an airtight container.
5) What is the best way to store your dog’s food?
The food that your dog can eat in around 4weeks should be kept in the container. And the duration can decrease with the changing weather. It will avoid contamination of the food. Also, double wrapping and keeping the food in a chest freezer can be a good option. Also, to prevent moisture, you must keep your dog’s food away from coming in contact with water and keep it on a shelf in a dry area.