Looking for the best cat food containers? Here we are sharing 8 best cat food containers that you can consider for buying.
Food storage containers are a great option for convenience and keeping the food safe for a long time. Most of the cat food packaging compromises long-term storage and may catch moisture from the air. They can’t prevent food spoilage, and the pet can easily tear away the food packet. That’s why pet parents are advised to have cat food containers to keep their pet’s food fresh.
Food containers keep the food fresh and don’t allow air and dampness to reach the food, thus keeping any moisture, contaminants such as bacteria, insects, or microorganisms outside their walls.
Moreover, these containers are convenient to use and allow you to access the food easily. Some brands provide scoops and other items to ease the measurement and pouring of your cat’s food.
Cat Food containers differ considerably in their features and effectiveness. Each one has its benefits and drawbacks.
If you are in hurry and doesn’t have time to read the entire article, here is the best cat food container that our expert team picked for you –
There is a wide variety of food containers in the market, and each brand claims to be better than the other. Narrowing down your options to the ones that best fit your needs can be hectic and time-consuming. We have done this for you and listed out the 8 Best Cat Food Containers for you.
8 Best Cat Food Containers in the USA –
1. Paw Prints Plastic Pet Food Bin –
Paw Prints food container keeps the pet food fresh and allows easy access. It is made from BPA-free polypropylene plastic, which is among the safer plastics used in food storage materials. This variant can store food, liter, or seeds up to 15 pounds; however other sizes are also available. The size measures 12.5 L x 9.75 W x 13.38 H (in inches). The bin also includes 1 cup measuring scoop, which easily locks into the lid. The airtight lid prevents the food smell from going outside the container. In this way, insects can’t sense the presence of food and can’t reach out.
- Gasket-sealed lid with secure latch keeps your cat’s food fresh
- Durable and easy to clean
- Flatback helps it to sit perfectly against the wall
- Great for protecting the food from ants and other insects
- Most people complain that this doesn’t exactly fit 15 pounds of cat food (can store something around 10 to 12 pounds)
- Built quality may surprise you
2. TBMax Cat Food Container –
TBMax food container is a small-sized food container and works perfectly indoors, outdoors, and for traveling. This container has a bottle-like design which helps to grasp it and pour food from it easily. It contains a measuring cup and pours spout, ensuring easy pouring. You can screw the measuring cup over the pouring spout. Its double silicone seals make it airtight and keep the food dry and safe from insects and pets.
- Small size portable cat food container, perfect for traveling
- Convenient one-handed grip for easy pouring through the spout
- Easy food measurement with the measuring cup
- High quality, double silicone airtight sealing for enhanced preservation
- Transparent body
- It May turn out to be smaller than expected
- The lid may not fit tightly
3. Van Ness 25 Pound Food Container –
Van Ness cat food containers are a good choice for those pet parents who want to store a large quantity of their pet’s food. It allows an airtight space for the food fresh for a longer time and prevents food spoilage due to pests and moisture. The built quality is impressive and is made from the United States Food and Drug Administration Approved Plastic. The container has four in-line wheels, which offer effortless mobility.
- It can store a large amount of dry food and don’t take much space
- The tight-fitting lid which is easy to lock
- Low profile wheels help move the bin effortlessly
- Sturdy and strong body
- The wheels are fitted in the bin without a socket so some food can get stuck in the corners at the bottom
- The airtight seal didn’t work well for some people
4. Cat Food and Treats Containers Set –
Here is a set of a couple of food storage bins, one cat food container, and a cat treat container. The treats container is slightly bigger than the food container, which enhances portability – and acquires enough to treat your cat.
Both the containers are made up of strong and durable steel. The lid is made up of wood. These containers are great for you if you don’t like those conventional, transparent food containers and if you have to hide them somewhere. Their beige color, farmhouse style, and flaunt theme will compliment any home décor. The set also includes an adorable and handy scoop.
- Robust construction; made with strong steel
- Good for those who don’t like traditional style transparent and plastic containers
- Airtight wooden lid
- The food container can fit around 10 pounds of cat food
- Easy to clean, rinse with water and let it dry
- The treats container may be too large for one cat (slightly smaller than the food container)
- Handles appear flimsy
5. Gamma 2 Vittles Vault Outback Airtight Cat Food Container –
Gamma 2 Vittles Vault is one of the most popular cat food containers. Firstly, it is made of food-grade BPA-free HDPE plastic, which is strong enough to serve for a long time and won’t break easily even if dropped.
Its airtight seal is engineered to feature a threaded locking system aided with reliable double gaskets for enhanced freshness controlled moisture. This airtight seal extraordinarily performs the snit-pests function and keeps the food scent inside and contaminants and moisture outside. It also acquires strong handles to ease mobility.
This container allows a large storage capacity with a variety of size options; offers a maximum capacity of 50 pounds. There are several designs available such as wall-mounted containers, pantry, and kitchen and travel containers.
- Heavy-duty food bin
- Easy to open and provides easy access to food
- Extra-large food storage capacity
- Provides different size and design options
- You can also use it to store food for larger pets like dogs, horses, etc
- The gasket falls off sometimes
- You may forgo the airtight features in some cases
6. Geyecete Cat Treats and Cat Food Storage Bin –
Geyecete offers a small to medium-size cat food storage bin which can hold about 5 pounds of dry food. Its sleek design and small size keep your home organized and tidy and don’t cover a lot of space. Its airtight lid keeps the dry food dry and doesn’t let moisture and air enter the bin. This space-saving cat food bin is used to store a small quantity of food and is perfect for those who don’t want a large container.
- Comes with tight-fitting lids and a handy scoop
- Durable carbon steel body
- Sleek design and don’t take up too much space
- Beautiful design goes well with most home décor
- Strong handle for easy portability
- Some people complain that the lid doesn’t seal airtight
7. PETLIBRO Automatic Pet Feeder, Pet Dry Food Dispenser –
PETLIBRO brings you something exceptional, an automatic pet food dispenser that performs the duty of feeding your beloved cats/dogs on your behalf. After having one for your pet, you will not receive wake-up calls from your pet before dawn, and you also don’t have to worry about your cat’s meal while traveling.
This automatic pet feeder has a large food tank with a 4L capacity and allows an anti-stuck function. It can be scheduled for up to 6 meals per day with 1-50 portions. The feeder has an easy-to-read LCD panel – after programming the LCD panel with required instructions, the LED indicator will inform you of every status of the cat food dispenser.
Along with the auto-feed PETLIBRO cat feeder also keeps the food dry, fresh and crunchy. It also allows you to record a 10s personalized message to call your pet to the meal, in this way keeping your cat well-fed and well-cared.
- Automatic feeding multiple times a day
- Feeds right portions at the right time
- Your cat gets the meal when you are not at home
- Personalized message recording to call your cat
- Two power options, plugin, and battery (as a backup)
- Easy-to-read built-in LCD indicators
- Programmable and flexible
- Indicates with blue light if food gets stuck at the outlet
- Low food storage alarm
- In some cases, its lid loosed the locking mechanism after multiple uses
- The feeder’s instructions manual is somewhat confusing
- Difficult to program and set up for some people
8. Pet Food Storage Container, By GoGreen Sprouter –
GoGreen Sprouter’s cat food container is durably constructed and is made up of high-quality PP material, which is healthy and safe to be used to keep edibles. The edges of the box are seamless and tight, which provide exceptional sealing and isolation. The container can hold food up to 22 lbs.
It has a transparent buckle flip cover that is easy to open and close, and you can also check the food level at any time. The container is also equipped with wheels which allow you to move it freely even if it is full of food. The package also includes a measuring cup.
- Durable body made up of high-quality material
- Special design with buckle flip door
- Transparent top door
- Air seal setting closes the door tightly and keeps the food safe, fresh and moisture-free
- You can use it to store a variety of foodstuff such as rice, cereals, beans, etc
- Its wheels make it roll smoothly
- Some people complain that the door’s latch doesn’t lock down tightly, but generally, the buckle flip locks work well
Generally, most cat foods packaging doesn’t keep the food fresh for a long time, and some cat parents buy the food in bulk, so the need for a good quality food container is a must for most pet owners.
As a minimum, a good quality container must be airtight and durable – Thus preventing the food from moisture and don’t allow air or any pests to enter the container, and preserving the food for a long time.
And we have seen above that most of the brands claim to provide an airtight environment to your cat’s food along with robust construction. But there are still some differences in the built quality and some other features they provide.
If you want a container that can store dozens of pounds of food along with other necessary features, then you will go for Gamma 2 by Vittles Vault. If you want a dispenser that can store the food and feed your cat multiple times a day, PETLIBRO Automatic Pet Feeder will be a good option.
The size of the container mentioned above may vary according to the type of food you put in.
We have concluded most of the details of the above cat food containers to help you figure out the best fit for you. If you are still confused, revisit the page to make a better decision according to your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions –
What are the best cat food storage containers?
Here is the 8 best cat food containers that you can look for –
1. Paw Prints Plastic Pet Food Bin
2. TBMax Pet Food Container
3. Van Ness 25 Pound Food Container
4. Cat Food and Treats Containers Set
5. Gamma 2 Vittles Vault Outback Airtight Food Container
6. Geyecete Cat Treats and Cat Food Storage Bin
7. PETLIBRO Automatic Pet Feeder, Pet Dry Food Dispenser
8. Pet Food Storage Container, By GoGreen Sprouter